NO HECM EXAMINATION WILL BE OFFERED BY PAVR AFTER SEPTEMBER 24TH, 2021.
You can now take practice exam
for assessing your knowledge before taking the actual certification test.
- Practice exam contains 25 questions that are representative of subject areas you are required to master for HECM certification.
- You can take the practice exam multiple times, but after two attempts - there is a waiting period of two weeks before taking the exam again.
- There is no cost for taking the practice exam. However, students are recommended to prepare well before taking the exam each time.
- After taking practice exam two times, you need to wait for two weeks and follow the above step to add to your product list again
- Please contact email@example.com, if you have any questions.
- Accessing Practice Exam:
Follow the steps in New Registration for Practice Exams page. When you browse the catalog, you will now see HUD HECM Practice Exam - English, HUD HECM Practice Exam - Spanish as products available. Click on "Add to Cart" and "Checkout" in the next screen.
If you are a registered user, you can log in to pre populate your information on this screen. If you are a new user, fill in all the required information. In the next screen, click on "Complete Transaction" (no need for payment).
Click on "Start" to begin the practice exam.
Mortgagee Letters related to Home Equity Conversion Mortgage program
Some of the Mortgage letters that contain HECM program related updates are listed below. This list is periodically updated but may not be comprehensive.
Hence, students are recommended to review all relevant HUD Mortgagee Letters before taking the HECM Counselor Exam.
- 2017-12 (Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Program: Mortgage Insurance Premium Rates and Principal Limit Factors)
- 2016-07 (Expanded Permissive Loss Mitigation for Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs) and Mortgagee's Optional Extension to Submitting a Due and Payable Request)
- 2016-04 (HECM Program: Loss Mitigation Guidance for HECMs in Default due to Unpaid Property Charges)
- 2016-03 (HECM Program: Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Due and Payable Policies)
- 2016-02 (HECM Program: Non-Borrowing Spouse, Mortgagee Options for Home Equity Conversion Mortgages with FHA Case Numbers assigned prior to August 4, 2014)
- 15-15 (Mortgagee Optional Election Assignment for Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs) with an FHA Case Number assigned prior to August 4, 2014)
- 15-11 (Loss Mitigation Guidance for Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs) in Default due to Unpaid Property Charges)
- 15-10 (Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Due and Payable Policies)
- 15-05 (Guidance for HECM Program Counselors providing counseling to prospective HECM mortgagors, and their Non-Borrowing Spouses)
- 14-22 (Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Financial Assessment and Property Charge Requirements)
- 14-21 (Revised Changes to the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM)Program Requirements)
- 14-17 (Guidance for HECM Program Counselors in providing counseling to prospective HECM mortgagors, their Non-Borrowing Spouses and Heirs).
- 14-07 (HECM Program: Non-Borrowing Spouse).
- 13-01 (HECM Program: Consolidation of Pricing Options and Principal Limit Factors for Fixed Interest Rate Mortgages).