New Platform - Registration for Certification and Practice Exams (English and Spanish)
- Please review the instructions below prior to beginning the process. To begin the registration process, click the HUD HECM Certification Exam Portal link.
- New User? Click on Click Here text in the middle right hand side of the screen.
Note: If you are an existing user on current HECM Exam / Net certification system, please register again as a new user on the new platform. You may be able to reuse your user id, email and password, if they meet the new security requirements.
- Fill out the registration form to sign-up as a new user. Registration requires the following information:
- Email Address Enter your own valid email address. This email will be used to communicate with you regarding exam.
- User name You can choose any unique identifier other than email. No spaces allowed. After successful registration, you can use either Username or Email for logging in to the system.
- Legal First and Last Name
- Phone Number Enter in the format (xxx)xxx-xxxx. This number may be used to communicate with you regarding exam.
Then select Sign-Up in the bottom left hand corner of the form.
- Registered User? Enter User name or Email and click on Login in the left hand bottom corner of the form.
- Once logged into the portal, you should be taken directly to the exam catalog page where you can select the exam you wish to take.
If you are not on the catalog page, locate the "Catalog" tab in the top center of the screen, click Catalog,
then scroll down to click on the Purchase button next to the exam you wish to take to begin the registration process.
All practice exams are free of charge.
- Update Account Information: Requires the following information. After entering all required information, Click on Next at lower right corner.
Please contact email@example.com or call at (740) 346-9775, if you have any questions.
- Address Line 1 City, State, Zip Code and Country
- Time Zone
- Phone Number This number may be used to communicate with you regarding exam.
- New Counselor? Check this box, if you are a new counselor who has not been certified before
- Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Housing Counseling Agency If you are not yet employed at an agency, enter"No Agency" as a place holder. Otherwise enter complete name of your housing counseling agency.
- Agency FHA HCS ID# Five digit number that begins with an "8", for your agency / intermediary contact's HUD HCS ID. If you are not yet employed at an agency, enter "80000" as a place holder.
- FHA Connection ID Enter if you have an account on FHA Connection.
- Selecting the My Exams tab of your Dashboard (on the top left side of the page) will display
a list of Practice or Certification exams available to you. If no exams are displayed, you will need to purchase the appropriate exam from the Catalog.
- Click the Past Exams tab at the top to view your previously taken exam results.
- Click the Order History tab at the top to view your exam order history.
- Click the Start Exam button to the right of the exam you wish to take.
- The exam clock will begin when you select the Start Button.
- Once you begin the test, you will be allowed to bookmark questions and review questions prior to final submission.
Select Next to advance to the next question.
- If you are ready to submit your completed exam, select the red Submit Exam button. This will take you to a confirmation screen to confirm your desire to submit the exam.
- Upon selecting Submit Exam your results will be processed and the subsequent screen will show your test results.
Congratulations on successful completion of your examination!
Changes in your personal information
If at any time after you register, there is a change in your personal information, please be sure to re-enter the online Registration Center using your "Student ID Login" and "Student Password" to change it.