- Please review the complete instructions below prior to beginning the process.
- Need a web camera? ProctorU recommends just about any camera that can be purchased at your local electronics retailer.
- Need a microphone? Just like the camera, ProctorU recommends any microphone that works on your PC. Please note that most web-cameras have a microphone built-in which will work just fine. If necessary, an inexpensive mic can also be purchased at your local electronics retailer.
- If you do not have access to a web camera (or mic), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will suggest options.
Please note that we updated exam scheduling process and it is not necessary to create ProctorU account any more. However, if you have already created an account with ProctorU, log into the https://go.proctoru.com/session/new to start scheduling the exam.
- To begin scheduling the exam, you will first need to log into NetCertification at HECM Counselor Exam Registration Center.
- Upon logging in, you will be presented with a list of exams you have purchased. Click the details icon next to the exam you would like to schedule with ProctorU.
From here, you may either click the "Schedule at ProctorU" link at the top of the page, or the "Schedule" link that is in line with the chosen exam.
- If you have not previously created a ProctorU account, you will be presented with a series of forms that will guide you through setting your profile.
- Once your ProctorU account has been created, you will then be able to schedule an exam.
- For rescheduling, you will log into your account at HECM Counselor Exam Registration Center. From here, you may either click the "Schedule at ProctorU" link at the top of the page, or the "Schedule" link that is in line with the chosen exam.
- Prior to your exam, check the Technical Specifications page to ensure your computer and web camera meet the requirements.
- To test your equipment out for free, select Click here to test your equipment on the Technical Specification page.
- You can watch a demo video of how online proctoring works by clicking How It Works.
- At the appointed time, log into your account at HECM Counselor Exam Registration Center and choose "Schedule" link that is in line with the chosen exam. You will be taken ProctorU site.
- You will now see a link to start the exam.
- Clicking on the link will start a small software downloaded on to your computer. Allow the program to access your computer camera, if requested.
- A pop up window will open where you can communicate with the proctor. Wait until proctor joins the communication. Proctor will give further instructions to authenticate you.
- After authenticating your credentials, proctor will ask you to start the exam. You will now go back to the HECM Counselor Exam Registration Center and log in with the student credentials.
- You will see links to start or schedule exam. Click on the Start link. This will open a proctor login screen. Your proctor will enter his/her credentials to unlock the exam and the exam begins.
- You can page through the exam as you wish. After the exam is completed, make sure to notify the proctor before closing any screens.
- Once you submit the exam, your results will be displayed immediately. This is the only notification of results you will receive. You can print the results screen for your records.
- When proctor permits, close all screens. This will conclude your exam successfully.
Please contact us if you need Special Accommodations.